Sunday, April 20, 2008

You've got to be in to win! Harradine breaks 30knts in first speed event of the season!

It's not the winning but the taking part that counts - well that's what I was always taught -or am I just a sore loser - read on to find out.

I and a handful of others took part in the inaugural Boardroomshop speedsailing weekend. Light winds on the Saturday meant that the only real opportunity to record some decent speeds was going to be the Sunday. Come Sunday morning the wind filled in from the NE gusting 20knts - enough to get the big kit planning fast. The morning looked promising but the low tide in the afternoon resulted in mirror flat water downwind. As a result Dan Harradine (let's face it who else!) broke the 30 knot barrier achieving 30.02knts. I came in second with 29knts (or 26.8knts as my second best - I can't actually believe I did 29knts and doubt my GPS!). Jason C came in third with 26.6knts and everyone else achieved pretty close to their personal bests! Thanks to Claude and everyone who took part for setting the speedsailing season off to a good start. BTW Stu Martel thought the best pic was this one - I'm not too sure but I think it was Claude's tight rubber suit that got me going!!

No comments: