Monday, March 22, 2010

What goes around comes around




This time it's more of the old Carbon Art that had a re-birth last year thanks to the hands of Bob Warry. Inspired by http://www.thrusterproject.blogspot.com/ I've decided to play around with the fins on my Carbon Art and ditched the traditional thruster set up with two small (2 inch) thrusters and a 19 inch main fin in favour of three 4.5 inch fins (basically the same set up as on a surfboard). Tri-fin set ups are apparently somewhere in between the directional stability of a single fin and the looseness of a twinser; but from what I can gather that's with the 'traditional' set up (i.e. small thrusters and larger central fin). My set up will be interesting - I suspect that there will be little to push against and when riding it'll be easy to overload and pop out the tail. We shall see - may be this coming Friday.

No comments: